How Your Mind Shapes Your Body with Tanja Shaw
If weight loss has been a challenge for you, today's conversation with mindset coach Tanja Shaw, FDN-P, will expand your thinking and blow your mind. We'll unravel the weight-thought connection and learn how we can harness the power of our minds to make peace with our bodies - and maybe even reach our desired weight in the process!
We'll share personal stories and ideas about how to love yourself at any size. We'll also discuss the merits of shifting your focus away from weight loss. Prepare to embark on a journey of self-discovery and empowerment as you tune in to this game-changing conversation.
In this episode we'll discuss:
- Tanja's personal journey with body acceptance
- Major mindset shifts around weight loss
- Is weight loss even a good goal?
- Ditching SMART goals for goals that inspire
- Respecting ourselves by wearing clothes that fit
- Helpful affirmations and practices for body acceptance
Disclaimer: This information is for educational and inspirational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers before making changes to your diet, health care, or exercise regimen.
- Thyroid-Healthy Thanksgiving Guide
- Tanja Shaw's Website
- Fit + Vibrant You Podcast
- Tanja Shaw's Weight Loss Quiz
- Listen on the podcast page
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Follow on Spotify
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe on Amazon Music
- Listen on Stitcher
About Tanja Shaw, FDN-P
Tanja Shaw is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Kinesiologist, and mindset coach. She is the founder of Fit + Vibrant Coaching Programs, and the owner of Ascend Fitness + Lifestyle, a holistic health coaching studio in Chilliwack, BC. She also hosts the Fit and Vibrant You Podcast. Through functional lab testing, personalized wellness protocols, and mindset coaching, Tanja helps her clients live fitter, healthier, and more vibrant lives in midlife and beyond.
Tanja, her husband Keith, and their son Jacob live about an hour outside Vancouver, Canada. She loves being active outdoors, such as running, hiking, paddle boarding, cycling and camping. She also loves slow mornings with a good cup of coffee and her cats.
Happy thriving, and enjoy the episode!
P.S. You might also like these episodes of Thyroid-Healthy Bites:
- Tales from the Scale: Weight Loss and Your Thyroid
- Yes, You CAN Workout with Hypothyroidism with Angela Brown
- My 5-Step Feel Better Framework Revealed
- Healing Mindset: Your Untapped Superpower with Eileen Laird
- Making Peace with Your Thyroid with Annabel Bateman