Parsnip Sage Risotto
This recipe is republished with permission from Mickey Trescott's book, The Nutrient-Dense Kitchen.
I love this savory alternative to cauliflower rice, which utilizes parsnips, onion, mushrooms, and fresh sage to create a delicious AIP-compliant risotto. Mickey Trescott is one of the leading pioneers in the Autoimmune Protocol Diet (AIP) movement. For anyone attempting to go AIP, her books are at the top of the stack, along with the recipes and resources on her blog, Autoimmune Wellness. Her cookbooks have helped thousands of Thyroid Thrivers learn to prepare anti-inflammatory recipes that are simple, delicious, and healing.
Her latest book, The Nutrient-Dense Kitchen, is a celebration of recipes for deep healing and vibrant health. This Parsnip Sage Risotto is one of 125 mouthwatering recipes from the book!
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchasing a product using one of these links will support my work at no additional cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products I use, believe to be helpful to my readers, and wholeheartedly stand by.
Thyroid-healthy Recipe Highlights:
- A close relative of carrots, parsnips contain vitamin C, folate, and manganese in addition to being rich in fiber and containing beta-carotene (among other phytonutrients).
- Just 1 mushroom provides 7% DV of selenium, a nutrient important for the production and regulation of thyroid hormones.
- Bone broth is often recommended as part of a gut-healing and thyroid-friendly diet.
Happy cooking, happy thriving, and enjoy the recipe (below)!
P.S. Need more thyroid-friendly recipe inspiration? I’ve got you covered. My Thyroid-friendly Everyday eCookbook features over 50 quick and easy, thyroid-friendly recipes your whole family will love. To take a peek at what’s inside, CLICK HERE.
- Lemon Dill Chicken
- Braised Short Ribs
- Chicken and Lamb Pesto Meatloaf
- Loaded Mediterranean Salmon
- French Beef