This French Beef recipe by guest contributor and clinical nutritionist Tiffany Flaten is the ultimate in gluten and dairy-free comfort food.
With savory herbs, mushrooms, and a generous dose of red wine, the resulting dish is a bit like stroganoff minus the dairy, with a thick, rich, and meaty gravy. It’s fairly quick, family-friendly, and highly adaptable to meet your dietary needs.
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchasing a product using one of these links will support my work at no additional cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products I use, believe to be helpful to my readers, and wholeheartedly stand by.
The only difficult thing about this meal may be choosing which gluten-free bed to serve it on. Depending on your current dietary requirements, any of these would make a fine base:
- Jovial Gluten-Free Egg Tagliatelle, pictured (GF, DF)
- Basmati Rice (GF, DF)
- Toasted Quinoa (GF, DF)
- Cauliflower Rice (GF, DF, Paleo, AIP)
- Parsnip Sage Risotto (GF, DF, Paleo, AIP)*
*Allow extra prep time for this option.
If you’re concerned about consuming alcohol via food, the amount in this finished dish is minimal. In a recipe like this one, which is simmered for an extended period of time, 95% of the alcohol will evaporate. Check out my primer on Cooking with Wine to learn more about the thyroid-healthy way to utilize wine in cooking.
Further reading: Is Beef Thyroid-Healthy?
Thyroid-healthy Recipe Highlights:
- Grass-fed (a.k.a. grass-finished) beef has a far different and superior nutrient profile than industrially raised, grain-finished beef, and is highly beneficial to thyroid health. It contains up to five times more Omega-3s than conventionally raised beef, which can help reduce inflammation in the body, as well as boost immunity. It can also have more than twice the amount of Vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant), and twice as much CLA as grain-fed beef (a fatty acid associated with reducing body fat).
- Just 1 mushroom provides 7% DV of selenium, a nutrient important for the production and regulation of thyroid hormones.
- Bone broth is one of the most highly recommended foods for anyone suffering from an autoimmune disease. The collagen and glycine can help repair cell damage in the intestinal tract. It also supports hair, skin, and nail health, as well as our body's detox pathways.
Happy cooking, happy thriving, and enjoy the recipe (below)!
P.S. Need more thyroid-friendly recipe inspiration? I’ve got you covered. My Thyroid-friendly Everyday eCookbook features over 50 quick and easy, thyroid-friendly recipes your whole family will love. To take a peek at what’s inside, CLICK HERE.
More Mouthwatering Beef Recipes:
- Beef Borscht
- Classic Braised Short Ribs
- AIP Grilled Flat Iron Steak
- Tri-Tip Street Tacos with Grilled Pineapple and Onion
- AIP Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- Deluxe Burger Salad with Special Sauce
- Loaded Secret-Ingredient Chili
- Thai Beef Salad