Which Diet is Best for Hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's?
In the previous episode of Thyroid-healthy Bites, we started to dig into the topic of thyroid-healthy eating. What does that mean?
A thyroid-healthy diet is:
- And ultimately, personalized
There are many pathways to getting there, and that’s where we can get confused and overwhelmed, fast.
Should I be gluten-free? Paleo? AIP?
Ask 5 different experts this question and you might get 5 different answers. What's a Thyroid Thriver to do? Which diet is best for YOU? Where should you begin?
That is what I’m here to help you figure out, in episode 6 of Thyroid-healthy Bites.
- The main goals of thyroid-healthy eating
- The importance of working with a functional/holistic healthcare professional when making dietary changes
- The micro-step approach vs. the go-big approach
- Pros, cons, pitfalls, and rewards of the most common dietary templates recommended for Thyroid Thrivers including gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, Paleo, and the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP).
- My personal experience with making dietary changes
- Determining which spot on the dietary spectrum is right for you, right now
- How to set yourself up for success
Whether you're already eating for your thyroid and overall health, or are ready to take the first step on that journey, don't miss this jam-packed episode!
To Get You Started on the Thyroid-healthy Eating Path...
I know how overwhelming it can feel to start thinking about making dietary changes, so I've put together a list of over 130 delicious foods to choose from.
There are so many lists out there of foods we're not supposed to eat as thyroid patients. It's such a bummer! That's why I wanted to put together this list of foods we CAN eat!
Once you download this list, use it to get your wheels turning, and help you envision a life of delicious, thyroid-healthy meals.
In this handy resource, you'll find protein sources, produce, healthy fats, GF grains, seasonings & condiments, and even sweet treats from all colors of the rainbow 🌈. They also happen to be gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free.
We all have our unique dietary needs and sensitivities, so adjust this list in the way that works for you. I hope it helps inspire delicious meals that support your healing journey.
- Free Download: The Thyroid Thrivers' Grocery Guide
- Thyroid-healthy Bites, Ep.5: What is Thyroid-healthy Eating?
- Browse my Thyroid-healthy Recipe Library
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Follow on Spotify
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Google Podcasts
- Listen on the podcast page
Fresh content delivered weekly!
Want thyroid-friendly recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for my weekly emails, and receive a special thank you gift!
I don't send SPAM or share info, and you can unscubscribe at any time.