Tropical Chicken Salad
This Tropical Chicken Salad is a carnival of flavors, textures, and colors, all brought together with an addictive cilantro-lime vinaigrette. It was generously shared with Hypothyroid Chef by guest contributor, Alison Marras.
Alison is the Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Passionate Home Chef of the delicious gut-healthy food blog, FoodbyMars.com. Alison has experienced first-hand the healing power of food, using it to manage Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and PCOS. She believes the healing journey with real food can be a stress-free lifestyle filled with joy and flavor. This recipe embodies Alison's cooking and eating philosophy perfectly.
Poached chicken is the featured protein here, which is one of our absolute faves because it’s so easy, versatile, and make-ahead friendly. It keeps well and also tastes great at any temperature — hot, warm, or even chilled. Once your chicken breasts are poached and shredded all that’s left to do is throw together the three-ingredient dressing (lime juice, olive oil, cilantro), and then drizzle it atop your other salad fixings. Delicious and refreshing!
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchasing a product using one of these links will support my work at no additional cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products I use, believe to be helpful to my readers, and wholeheartedly stand by.
Thyroid-Healthy Recipe Highlights:
- Chicken is a very good source of selenium, which helps to regulate the production of thyroid hormone, convert T4 to T3, and protect the thyroid from stress.
- A 3-ounce serving of chicken provides 84% RDI of the essential amino acid Tyrosine, which the thyroid gland combines with iodine to produce thyroid hormone.
- Avocado is rich in healthy fats like oleic acid, which can help reduce cholesterol. It’s also one of the few foods that helps the body produce glutathione, a super-antioxidant that can boost immune function, detoxify the liver, and help combat Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Studies have shown that cilantro can help accelerate the body’s excretion of mercury and lead. Heavy metal toxicity from mercury has been linked to an increase in thyroid antibodies.
Happy cooking, happy thriving, and enjoy the recipe (below)!
P.S. Need more thyroid-friendly recipe inspiration? I’ve got you covered. My Thyroid-friendly Everyday eCookbook features over 50 quick and easy, thyroid-friendly recipes your whole family will love. To take a peek at what’s inside, CLICK HERE.
More Delicious Salad Recipes:
- Broth-Poached Chicken with Summer Tabbouleh
- Ginger Basil Chicken Salad
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Brown Rice Salad with Shrimp and Avocado
- Thai Beef Salad
- Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Broiled Salmon
- Deluxe Burger Salad with Special Sauce