Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Broiled Salmon
For a lovely spring or summer lunch, or light dinner, look no further. Grapefruit and avocado are one of those magic flavor combos that is as unexpected as it is delightful. In this entree salad, the two combine with wild salmon, snappy sliced almonds, tender greens, and an addicting Maple Mustard Vinaigrette that will knock your socks off.
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchasing a product using one of these links will support my work at no additional cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products I use, believe to be helpful to my readers, and wholeheartedly stand by.
Thyroid-healthy Recipe Highlights:
- The Omega-3 fats found in wild salmon can help combat inflammation.
- Salmon is one of the best natural food sources of iodine, which is essential to the production of thyroid hormone.
- Avocado is rich in healthy fats like oleic acid, which can help reduce cholesterol. It’s also one of the few foods that helps the body produce glutathione, a super-antioxidant that can boost immune function, detoxify the liver, and help combat Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Grapefruit is one of the most low-calorie fruits, while also providing several nutrients like fiber and antioxidants. They are a very good source of vitamin C, with half a grapefruit providing 64% of the RDI. A study recently shared in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism stated, “In patients with hypothyroidism and gastrointestinal pathology, vitamin C improves the abnormalities in serum free T4, T3, and TSH concentrations.”
- NOTE: Certain medications interact with grapefruit. This does not include supplemental thyroid hormone medications, but if you are taking other medications check on possible interactions with grapefruit before incorporating this fruit into your diet.
Happy cooking, happy thriving, and enjoy the recipe (below)!
P.S. Need more thyroid-friendly recipe inspiration? I’ve got you covered. My Thyroid-friendly Everyday eCookbook features over 50 quick and easy, thyroid-friendly recipes your whole family will love. To take a peek at what’s inside, CLICK HERE.
More Thyroid-Healthy Salad Recipes:
- Salmon, Sweet Potato and Watercress Salad with Turmeric Cream
- Tropical Chicken Salad
- Thai Beef Salad
- Ginger Basil Chicken Salad
- Broth-Poached Chicken with Summer Tabbouleh
- Deluxe Burger Salad with Special Sauce
- Brown Rice Salad with Shrimp and Avocado