Lemon Ginger Honey
This recipe for Lemon Ginger Honey is as simple as the title. In a jar, place alternating layers of ginger and lemon slices, then pour honey into the jar. Let it “cure” in the fridge for a day, give it a shake or stir, and what you end up with is a lemon and ginger-infused honey syrup.
Once you’ve prepared a jar of lemon ginger honey, it can be added to herbal tea or plain hot water, used as a slightly diluted throat gargle, or taken by the spoonful for sore throats and coughs. If you can take the heat, cayenne or hot pepper sauce adds another level of inflammation and pain relief, while also helping to clear congestion and warm the body.
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchasing a product using one of these links will support my work at no additional cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products I use, believe to be helpful to my readers, and wholeheartedly stand by.
Further reading: Is Ginger Good for Thyroid?
- The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of ginger can help relieve the inflammation often associated with thyroid disease.
- Chinese medicine suggests warming foods like ginger and ginger tea for the treatment of thyroid conditions.
- Lemons are a very good source of vitamin C, with one ounce providing 36% DV. A study recently shared in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism stated, “In patients with hypothyroidism and gastrointestinal pathology, vitamin C improves the abnormalities in serum free T4, T3, and TSH concentrations.”
Happy cooking, happy thriving, and enjoy the recipe (below)!
P.S. If you're anything like me, when I started down the path of thyroid-healthy eating I had questions-- lots of them. What I didn't have was a step-by-step system, to get me where I wanted to go. I wasted a lot of time piecing together bits of information about what to eat, what to avoid, and HOW to make thyroid-healthy dietary changes. That’s why I created the Thyroid-healthy Meal Plan Kickstart. Ready to harness the power of thyroid-healthy eating? Let’s get you kickstarted! Learn more HERE.
More Thyroid Healthy Drink Recipes:
- 5 Thyroid Healthy Hot Drinks
- Easy Instant Golden Milk Mix
- Cranberry Zinger
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- Banana Orange Creamsicle Collagen Smoothie