Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers
Who's ready for a fresh and flavorful chicken recipe for the grill? These Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers pack a powerful taste punch and are gluten and dairy-free. They are also high in protein and key thyroid-supporting nutrients and have less than 15 grams of net carbs. You can even make them Paleo with a few simple substitutions (see recipe notes).
Serve these Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers with rice, gluten-free rice noodles, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles (depending on your personal dietary needs) for a quick and easy meal.
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you choose to purchase a product using one of these links, it will support my work at no additional cost to you.
This recipe comes to us fromTiffany Flaten, MSN, CNS of Rock Bottom Wellness. Here's what she has to say about this scrumptious recipe:
It’s amazing how a little seasoning and spices can turn plain old chicken into a dish of mouthwatering yumminess.
My family loves Asian-inspired dishes, and these Peanut Thai Chicken Skewers have been a hit! The fresh ingredients have powerful flavors that lend themselves well to creating a dish that packs a taste punch. It’s also gluten-free and dairy-free, so most can enjoy it!
If you are avoiding soy (which, as a thyroid patient, you should really try to), use the coconut aminos instead of tamari. I have also tried this recipe with almond butter instead of peanut butter and it worked well, too.
Lastly, be sure to set aside enough time for the chicken to marinate.
Thyroid-healthy Recipe Highlights:
- Chicken is a very good source of selenium, which helps to regulate the production of thyroid hormone, convert T4 to T3, and protect the thyroid from stress.
- Chicken: A 3-ounce serving of chicken provides 84% RDI of the essential amino acid Tyrosine, which the thyroid gland combines with iodine to produce thyroid hormone.
- Garlic has many powerful healing properties, which can aid or alleviate some of the symptoms of thyroid conditions such as inflammation, cardiovascular issues, decreased immunity, and increased infection. It can also support the liver in its detoxification efforts.
If you're anything like me, when I started down the path of thyroid-healthy eating I had questions-- lots of them. What I didn't have was a step-by-step system, to get me where I wanted to go. I wasted a lot of time piecing together bits of information about what to eat, what to avoid, and HOW to make thyroid-healthy dietary changes. That’s why I created the Thyroid-healthy Meal Plan Kickstart. Ready to take YOUR healing journey farther, FASTER? Let’s do it. Learn more HERE.
More Thyroid Healthy Grilling Recipes:
- Tri-tip Street Tacos with Grilled Pineapple and Onion
- Herb-Grilled (or Roasted) Asparagus
- Crispy Grill Fries
- Deluxe Burger Salad with Special Sauce
- Thai Beef Salad