Herb Roasted (or Grilled) Asparagus
Fresh tarragon, parsley, and chives bring out the best qualities of the asparagus in this recipe, without overpowering its lovely lightness. It may sound simple, but this easy recipe has a definite WOW factor.
Herbs are such a delightful and friendly way to add flavor and aroma while avoiding seed and nightshade spices that some are sensitive to. This recipe is friendly for pretty much any dietary protocol, and happens to be gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo, AIP, and low-carb.
You can easily double the batch if you're serving a larger crew.
In colder months the oven is the way to go for this Herb Roasted Asparagus, but this one’s a winner on the grill as well. Cook’s choice! (The recipe includes instructions for both.)
Further Reading: Asparagus, and 3 Show-stopping Ways to Make It
This recipe was featured on Thyroid-healthy Bites (Ep. 25):
- Asparagus is a good source of thyroid-supporting nutrients like vitamin B6, Magnesium and Zinc. It contains numerous vitamins and minerals, for the very low caloric price of 20 cals per 1/2 cup serving.
- Asparagus has 1.8g of fiber per 1/2 cup serving which supports gut health, gut motility, digestion, and regularity.
Happy thriving, and enjoy the episode!
P.S. Need more help and support? Book a coaching call with me to discuss your current health challenges and goals.
More Thyroid-healthy Sides:
- Bacon and Chive Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Toasted Quinoa
- Parsnip Sage Risotto
- Mashed Winter Squash - 3 Ways
- The Ultimate Gluten and Dairy-free Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Crispy Grill Fries
- Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms & Bacon