BLT Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are quick to disappear from any buffet. Whether it’s Easter, a picnic, a potluck, or a BBQ, nobody’s going to mind if you make these.
This high-protein snack has all the smoky, savory crunch of a classic BLT, without the bread! The recipe features clean ingredient recommendations so these can be prepared gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo-compliant. They also happen to be low-carb if that's your jam.
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchasing a product using one of these links will support my work at no additional cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products I use, believe to be helpful to my readers, and wholeheartedly stand by.
- Eggs provide the thyroid with three of the primary nutrients it requires: tyrosine, iodine, and selenium. These nutrients work in concert to promote and protect thyroid function. Some of us don't tolerate eggs, but if you do there's a lot to love about them.
- One egg provides 29% RDI of tyrosine, which the thyroid gland combines with iodine to make thyroid hormone.
- One egg provides 16% DV of iodine, which is essential for the production of thyroid hormone. Both too much or too little iodine can be harmful to the thyroid (see selenium below).
- One egg provides 22% DV of selenium, which has numerous benefits to the thyroid. Studies have shown it to reduce inflammation and antibodies in those with autoimmune thyroid conditions. Selenium is also essential for the conversion of T4 to T3, and helps to regulate and protect the thyroid from the damage that can be caused by consuming too much iodine.
Happy cooking, happy thriving, and enjoy the recipe (below)!
P.S. Need more thyroid-friendly recipe inspiration? I’ve got you covered. My Thyroid-friendly Everyday eCookbook features over 50 quick and easy, thyroid-friendly recipes your whole family will love. To take a peek at what’s inside, CLICK HERE.
More Thyroid Healthy Appetizers:
- Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- AIP Artichoke Dip
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- Spiced Chicken Liver Pate with Green Peppercorns
- Italian Sausage-Stuffed Mini Peppers