ACV Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you choose to purchase a product using one of these links, it will support me and my work at no additional cost to you.
Making your own salad dressing is so easy, and way better than anything you can buy at the store. Forget all those gums, thickeners, preservatives, and funky flavorings, and try this simple apple cider vinaigrette kissed with the winning combination of honey and mustard. It takes mere minutes to whip up and will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Vinaigrettes are especially easy to make and experiment with because they follow a basic formula:
Basic Vinaigrette Formula = 1 Part Vinegar : 3 Parts Oil
Add seasonings and aromatics like fresh herbs, garlic, or finely minced shallot. Finish with salt and pepper, and voila!
Chef's Tip: To taste and adjust the seasoning of your vinaigrette, use a clean piece of lettuce (or whatever green you're serving your dressing with). This will give you the most accurate idea of what it needs-- more vinegar, more oil, or more seasoning.
This particular concoction is what you might call our “House Dressing,” and it makes a regular appearance on our family table. It works with just about any salad combination, has plenty of health benefits, and is mild enough for kiddos.
This vinaigrette pairs especially well with these salad combos:
- Toasted almonds
- Butter lettuce
- Grilled Chicken
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spring Mix
- Diced apples
- Shredded carrot
- Sunflower seeds
Why organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar?
Personally, I’ll take any excuse to use Bragg’s ACV (apple cider vinegar). This organic, unfiltered variety of ACV contains what’s called “The Mother,” a nutrient and probiotic-rich web of proteins and enzymes that many credit with ACV’s long list of health benefits.
There are other organic, unfiltered brands out there, but Bragg’s is the most well-known and widely available. I’ve been using Bragg’s ACV throughout my healing journey, and when I’m feeling bloated or experiencing heartburn, I dilute a splash of it in a glass of water and drink it upon waking or before meals. It’s one of my most reliable de-bloaters and tummy-tamers.
Thyroid-healthy Recipe Highlights:
- Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (like Bragg’s) may help support weight loss, balance blood sugar, lower cholesterol, and support bacterial balance in the gut.
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) is considered one of the world’s healthiest fats. Some of its many scientifically proven health benefits include anti-inflammatory properties, high antioxidants, and reduced risk of cancer, Alzheimer’s, and heart disease.
ACV Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or stone-ground mustard
- 2–3 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine first six ingredients in jar and whisk with a fork until everything is well combined. Add olive oil. Place lid on jar and close tightly. Shake vigorously to mix.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Enjoy!
- Keeps refrigerated for up to two weeks.
- EVOO may solidify at colder temperatures. If storing, remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before using to liquefy.
Sat. Fat (grams)2.25