Your Brain on Change with Nadia Ahrens
When you're a Thyroid Thriver, the only thing constant is change. Maybe we're changing the way we eat, the way we live, the way we sleep. Maybe we're navigating the changes that thyroid disease has brought to our lives. Ultimately we're trying to change and improve the way we feel. But how do we change? What does the blueprint of change look like?
In this episode of Thyroid-healthy Bites, we'll chat with transformation specialist Nadia Ahrens, LICSW, to dissect the stages of change that are part of every successful transformation.
- The biggest mistakes people make when trying to change their lives
- The phases of the change cycle
- The hero's journey vs. the heroine's journey
- How boundaries are an essential element of change
Disclaimer: This information is for educational and inspirational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers before making changes to your diet, health care, or exercise regimen.
- Listen on the podcast page
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Follow on Spotify
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe on Amazon Music
- Listen on Stitcher
About Nadia Ahrens
Nadia Ahrens, LICSW, is a psychotherapist and transformational coach in private practice. A graduate of Boston University and Columbia University, she's been practicing the art of helping, teaching, and mentoring others for over twenty years and loves every minute of it. Nadia teaches Personal Transformation groups and retreats and is a trained clinical hypnotherapist. Her perspective is that we are all human, we all struggle, and we all have trauma and tragedy to grow from, herself included. She shares her experiences of overcoming trauma so she can be that beacon to let you know that you can transform from anything and everything. We are all here to learn, grow, and evolve into the best and shiniest version of ourselves.
Full disclosure: We’re also cousins! That means I get to share some fun personal info about Nadia with you ; )
- Nadia was a roller disco fiend in elementary school and longed to be Olivia Newton-John in Xanadu.
- She grew up in a haunted house and can tell if a house is haunted by just walking in the door.
- She's a born and bred New Yorker...and the saying is true: You can take the girl outta New York, but you can't take the New York outta the girl!
Further Reading: Rejuvenation Inspiration: 30 Ways to Hit Your Refresh Button
Need more support?
If making thyroid-healthy changes has been a struggle for you, you're not alone. Getting the support, tools, and resources you need can make a huge difference. If you're tired of going it alone, support is just a click away! I offer 1-on-1 Health Coaching, as well as group health coaching in The Thrivers Club.
Ready to get started? Book a free 30-minute Discovery Call with me today!
Don't waste another day feeling lost, confused, and hopeless about your health goals. Give yourself the gift of support today!
Wishing you the best of health,