Hormone-Healthy Eating with Dr. Alan Christianson - Ep. 51
Hormonal imbalance can throw us for a loop! And the symptoms of hormonal imbalance overlap with many thyroid-related symptoms-- the thyroid is part of our hormonal system, after all! So, how can we support our hormonal balance and help address common hormone-related symptoms like fatigue, brain fog, insomnia, and excess weight...with FOOD? That's what we're going to discuss in this episode with my special guest, Dr. Alan Christianson, NMD.
Dr. Christianson is a Board Certified Naturopathic Endocrinologist who focuses on thyroid care, so we’re talking to someone who is very much a thyroid specialist today. He's also a New York Times bestselling author of The Thyroid Reset Diet, The Metabolism Reset Diet, and his most recent title, The Hormone Healing Cookbook.
Dr. Christianson has been featured in countless media appearances, including Dr. Oz, The Doctors, and The Today Show. He is also the founding president of the Endocrine Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
I've interviewed Dr. C several times, and I always learn something surprising and new from him. Plus, it's always fun to talk to a fellow cook and food lover. His recipes are gorgeous and absolutely mouthwatering.
In this episode we'll discuss:
- Dr. C's personal journey that inspired him to become a doctor and author
- The most common hormone-related symptoms
- How to eat for hormone health
- The importance of protein
- Superstar foods for hormonal balance
- Dr. C's surprising discoveries about soy for thyroid patients
- Our favorite cooking techniques for making real food recipes, real life-friendly
- The Hormone Healing Cookbook
- Dr. Christianson's Website
- Download my FREE Thyroid-Friendly Grocery Guide
- The Hypothyroid Chef Website
Disclaimer: This content is for educational and informational purposes only. Always consult your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider before changing your diet, health care, or exercise regimen.